Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Suzanne's Potato Salad

This is a wonderful potato salad recipe given to me by a good friend. And, you guessed it, her name is Suzanne. Definitely a family favorite.

1/2 cup Real Mayonnaise (do NOT use light or fat free)
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
2 tsp vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 cups cooked, peeled, cubed potatoes
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (I usually cook an extra egg and slice it to garnish the top of the finished salad)

In a large bowl, stir together first five ingredients until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat and cover. Chill.

(I really do like it this way, but I can't stop myself from picking out the onions and celery. I'm just not a huge fan of raw onions and celery. I have also left them out and thrown in a dash of onion powder and celery seed for flavor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment