Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fire Roasted Tomato Meatloaf

I'm kind of picky about meatloaf, but this recipe I actually like. My family doesn't like chunks in meatloaf, so I puree the tomatoes before adding them. If you don't mind chunks, you could just toss them in right out of the can. Also, I freeze the other half of the tomatoes and save them for the next time I make this recipe.

Meatloaf Ingredients:

1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 egg
1/2 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes (I like Muir Glen brand)
1/2 cup quick cook oats
1 lb lean ground beef

Topping Ingredients:

1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp prepared mustard

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the ground beef and mix well. Transfer meat mixture to a greased 9 x 13 baking dish and shape into a loaf. In a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients and pour over the meatloaf. Spread evenly on top and sides. Bake for 1 hour (uncovered) at 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment