Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

This is my favorite pot roast recipe. I've made it many times and it always turns out delicious. When the roast is ready, I transfer the meat and veggies to a platter and cover. Then I strain the liquid remaining in the slow cooker and pour it into a sauce pan to make gravy. (I just use a few tablespoons of flour mixed with a small amount of cold water to thicken the liquid.)

3-4 lb chuck roast
olive or vegetable oil
Montreal steak seasoning
1 pkg Lipton beefy-onion soup mix
2 cups water
1/2 small pkg baby carrots (or more if you'd like)
4-5 potatoes

Heat oil in pan; season beef with steak seasoning and brown on each side. Meanwhile, add water and soup mix to slow cooker and stir. Peel potatoes and cut into about 1 inch pieces. Add potatoes and carrots to slow cooker. Place roast on top of vegetables. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours (or until fork tender).

No comments:

Post a Comment