Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Apple BBQ Sauce

Two weeks ago I made a cajun pot roast with veggies in the slow cooker. It didn't turn out well, but I did manage to salvage the roast part. The beef was seriously lacking flavor and the bottle of BBQ sauce I had on hand was expired, so what was a girl to do? I made yummy beef BBQ sandwiches with homemade sauce using ingredients already in my pantry.

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

In a saucepan over medium heat mix applesauce, ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Bring mixture to a boil and boil one minute. Remove from heat and let cool. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment