Friday, February 12, 2010

Beef Stew with Sun-Dried Tomatoes

I've made this recipe many times. I got it from Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook. For some reason I thought it was a bit too oniony (is that a word?) when I made it last week, but it was still good and deserves to be posted here on my blog. I like to eat it over biscuits. My husband thinks that's weird.

1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
1 bag (8 oz) baby carrots (about 30)
2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup cold water
2 Tbsp flour

Mix all ingredients in slow cooker except for 1/4 cup water and the flour. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or until beef and veggies are tender.

Mix 1/4 cup water and flour and gradually stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove bay leaf and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment