Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

This recipe was passed along to me by one of my dearest friends, Sarah. (I've also posted her Chinese Salad recipe...oh, so good!) This recipe makes a lot of meatballs, so I cut it in half when I made it and used a 9 x 9 pan. (I suppose I could have made the whole thing and then popped half of it in the freezer, but I didn't.) I also used onion powder instead of chopped onion. This recipe can easily be assembled ahead of time which is a plus in my book. I served it with rice and steamed broccoli.

Meatballs:

2 lb hamburger
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp chopped onion (or 1/4 tsp onion powder)
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 tsp pepper

Sweet and Sour Sauce:

10 oz jar grape jelly
1 tsp lemon juice
12 oz jar chili sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix meatball ingredients and shape into small balls. Place in a 9 x 13 dish.

Combine sauce ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour over meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees (do not cover) for 30 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked.

Sarah, thanks for another keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment