Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fastest Homemade Mac n' Cheese

For lunch today I was looking for something new to make that my preschooler might actually eat. He's one tough customer who thinks a great meal consists of plain bread and a cup of strawberry flavored milk. I found this recipe and decided to give it a try because it was at least something I would eat so it might not be a total loss. I also had all of the ingredients on hand. (My husband had already eaten lunch at this point.) Anyway, this was really good and worthy of being posted. I would like to note that I used 1 3/4 cups of cheddar cheese (a combination of mild and sharp because that's what I had open) and this was some seriously cheesy mac and cheese. I also used a combination of mini bow tie and mini wagon wheel pasta because I had just enough left in each box to make two cups. The original recipe also called for a splash of hot sauce, but I omitted it. Remember, I fixed this for a child that likes plain white bread. And did he like it? Yes! And he even asked for seconds!

2 cups water
1 can Campbell's Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
2 cups uncooked pasta
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Mix water and soup in saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Cover and cook over medium heat until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese. Mmm, mmm, good.

No comments:

Post a Comment